â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsLocal NewsEcole Olds High School 2024 Grad Recap

Ecole Olds High School 2024 Grad Recap

150 graduates walked the stage this year as part of the Class of 2024 at Ecole Olds High School.
Principal Meaghan Reist says it is one of their biggest grad classes in at least 17 years, so they were quite happy to see those numbers.
Reist notes they had their cap and gown ceremony last Friday, and their formal evening with suits and gowns was on Saturday, May 25th. She says “The Thursday night is actually a pre-grad tradition we have had here at Olds High for many years, which is the Kiwanis comes out to support us and they host a BBQ for our graduates. They road paint with their names in front of the south road in front of our school and then we all gather to practice our grand march and our demonstration dance. Overall, all three nights were absolutely fantastic. It was a great event to bring our grads and our staff together.”
She says the valedictorian for the Class of 2024 at Ecole Olds High School is Charlise Holmes. Reist calls Holmes truly an impressive girl. She says “When we select our valedictorian it is based on academics. So it is an overall average of core classes that we calculate through our career councillor and Charlise had an overall average in those classes that were required of over 96 per cent. So she was very, very deserving of the honour.”
Principal Reist says they have the grads submit their suggestions for the theme each year and the theme for the Class of 2024 was ‘The Legends Begin’.
She points out that they have so many ‘thank yous’ they need to make when it comes to the EOHS grad as the community comes together, parents come together, and their staff as well.
96.5 CKFM spoke with Meaghan Reist.
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading