â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsLocal News2024-2025 begins on September 3 at Ecole Olds High School

2024-2025 begins on September 3 at Ecole Olds High School

Ecole Olds High School welcomes in about 650 students today in grades 9 through 12.

Principal Meaghan Reist says that is pretty similar to last year with a few new registrations still coming in. Reist adds, as always they look forward to welcoming in the new grade 9s. She is excited because the last time she got to see these students they were in grade 6. Reist says “some of them are brand new to me and some of them I did get to know at Deer Meadow (School), so I am excited to welcome them to this new school. Of course our grade 12s graduating this year, we love to watch the growth that happens over the next months and celebrate them at grad at the end of the year. We just have a lot of new families who have joined our community in Olds and they too are now a part of Ecole Olds High School. So meeting with them, and growing with them, and partnering with them in their child’s education, we are excited for that too.”

She points out that they had grade 9 orientation on Friday. Principal Reist says “I’m just excited to welcome our new families, our new students to Ecole Olds High School. I was a past student here and we actually found out that we have nine teachers, nine staff members, here at Olds High who were past students. So, we are very familiar with the fact that there is something special in our Ecole Olds High School building that people are coming back for and we get to see our continuing students but also our new ones. It is just a fantastic time when we see everybody on that first day and welcome them back to school.”
Reist mentions that they have a number of new teachers joining their staff. She says “Kenton Klassen, he is a new educator that has joined us. Kendra McInnis has transferred to us from Spruce View School this year. Kali Leatherdale is also a transfer from Holy Trinity School and we have Paula Hamilton who is our new career practitioner.”
The annual awards night for Ecole Olds High School is coming up on September 27th. She says it is a night where they welcome community members in and those who graciously donate to help to support the students in their academic and athletic achievements.
Principal Reist notes that Ecole Olds High School will have the chance to host an United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) conference in the spring, and they also may have the opportunity in February to send some of their students to a Fair Trade conference at York University in Toronto.

She adds, this year their drama production will be Mamma Mia and it will run from November 29th to December 8th. Ticket sales will start in mid-to-late October.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading