â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsLocal NewsSundre High School students head back to class

Sundre High School students head back to class

The new school year is underway at Sundre High School.
Principal Scott Saunders says about 280 students headed back to class in grades 9 to 12 on Tuesday which is right on par with where they have been for the past five or six years.
Saunders is looking forward to another great spring May Queen fundraiser. He says “last year the students volunteered doing odd jobs in the community and raised nearly $30,000. The community supports us incredibly and I look forward to another great fundraiser this spring. So those funds from May Queen go towards athletic teams, they go towards band trips, they go towards anything student related that has nothing to do with the actual day-to-day running of the school. The money all goes towards those students that ended up raising it in the community.”
He notes that Sundre High has a few new teachers for the 2024-2025 school year. According to Saunders, Nathan Schoenthaler is going to be their new shop teacher, McKenzie McElhinney will be the new Athletic Director and Physical Education teacher, and we also have Shauna Rodbourne who is going to be doing a number of different classes – mostly in the humanities. He says “we’d just like to welcome all of the new staff members to the great culture of Sundre High School and we know that they are going to contribute to the school as much as our students do and make this a great place.”
Principal Saunders says Sundre High School’s academic awards will be on the evening of September 27th to recognize all of their students from the previous year and give out scholarships from the community. He points out that they will have a good number of students that graduated last year returning for it, plus all kinds of students that are on the honour role and getting other academic awards.
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading