Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsLocal NewsWelcome back to school BBQ coming up on September 17 at Deer...

Welcome back to school BBQ coming up on September 17 at Deer Meadow School

Deer Meadow School in Olds welcomed in just over 450 (452) students this week.
Principal Allan Whitehead says that is a little bit ahead of where they were last year by about ten students.
DMS features students in grades 5 through 8.
Principal Whitehead mentions they had some drop in times for families last week. He says “so it was great to have that energy and excitement in the building and teachers got to connect with students a little bit early. We even had some time to do some team building and do a few activities for that too to kind of get us all on the same page going into the new year.”
Principal Whitehead discusses what he is looking forward to as part of the 2024-2025 school calendar. He says “some of the highlights that we have coming up are always our school sports and athletics that get going, then our band program. It’s always great to see the concerts in the winter and in the spring and our drama production which will be coming up next spring as well.”
Sports starting at DMS early in the new school year include volleyball try-outs this week and cross country running.
Coming up this month at DMS will be their annual Terry Fox Run, and they will also be hosting a welcome back BBQ from 5 until 7pm on Tuesday, September 17th.
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading